Away from the busy tourist spots we found this hidden gem for you where you can enjoy spectacular fjord scenery and pristine nature in tranquility.
Other Small Group Tours
990 Nok, p.p
easy - moderate
Max. 12 people
june - September
Hidden fjord hiking highlights
Norangsfjord is one of the most spectacular and unspoiled fjords in Norway. Spend half a day hiking in this natural paradise, watching the overwhelming rock walls towering around you with waterfalls with clear drinking water, all in tranquility you will find in few places today. This trip is out and back from the sleepy town of Urke (40 inhabitants), and we will have lunch somewhere on the mountain with a great view over either the Hjørundfjord or Norangsfjord. And at the end of the tour you will be offered a cup of coffee and a norwegian waffle at the cozy cafe, Urke Kaihus, from where the Fjordcruise boat to and from Ålesund leaves.
The price for 1 person is 990 NOK
The price for 1 child age 14 or 15 is 790 NOK
Included & not included
- The services of an experienced Norway Adventures guide
- A cup of coffee or tea and a waffle at the Urke Kaihus
- Transport (from Ålesund) to the Urke Kaihus and back
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks during the tour
- Travel insurance
- Start is at 11.00 (11am) at the Urke Kaihus and finishes here at 16.00 (4pm)
- The meeting point in Urke can be easily reached with the Hjørundfjord cruise from Ålesund. The timetable of the boat corresponds with the start and finish of the trip.
What to bring
There are a couple of things you really don’t want to forget to bring on this day hike
- Check the weather forecast beforehand
and dress accordingly
- Wear hiking boots or other suitable shoes
- Lunch, water, some snacks
- Sunscreen if it might be sunny
Here we have a packing list of a general summer day hike.