1 day Hidden Fjord Kayak tour
Away from the busy tourist spots we found this hidden gem for you where you can enjoy spectacular fjord scenery and pristine nature in tranquility
1150 Nok, p.p
Easy - moderate
Max. 10 people
June - september
Hidden fjord kayak tour highlights
The Hjørundfjord is one of the most spectacular and unspoiled fjords in Norway. Spend half a day kayaking in this natural paradise, viewing the overwhelming rock walls towering over you with waterfalls with clear drinking water, all in a tranquility you find in few places today. This kayak tour is out and back from the sleepy town of Urke (40 inhabitants), and we have lunch along the fjord. At the end of the tour you can enjoy a cup of coffee and a Norwegian waffle at the cozy cafe, Urke Kaihus, from where the Fjordcruise boat to and from Ålesund leaves.
In 2020 from July 4 until August 9 the tour is available every day. Click the Book Now button to see real-time availability. Minimum number of persons required for the tour to proceed: 2.
The price for 1 child age 10 to 15 is 950 NOK
Included & not included
- The services of an experienced Norway Adventures guide
- Technical and safety training
- All kayak equipment
- Transport (from Ålesund) to the Urke Kaihus and back
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks during the tour
- Any kayak specific clothing such as dry suit, kayaking pants, etc
- Travel insurance
- Start is at 11.00 (11am) at the Urke Kaihus and finishes here at 16.00 (4pm)
- The meeting point in Urke can be easily reached with the Hjørundfjord cruise from Ålesund. The timetable of the boat corresponds with the start and finish of the trip.
What to bring
There are a couple of things you really don’t want to forget to bring on this kayaking trip
- Check the weather report beforehand and dress accordingly
- Flexible shoes like sneakers or water shoes
- Lunch, drinks, water, and some snacks
- Sunscreen if it might be sunny
We made a detailed packing list for this single day kayaking trip.
You do not need any kayaking experience to join this kayak tour.
For safety reasons we use double kayaks which are very stable. We might have some single kayaks available but this cannot be guaranteed and the guide always has the last decision about what kayaks will be used by whom (regarding weather, waves, group of guests, experience etc.)
For advice on what to pack for this trip, please check the above tab ‘what to bring’.
For tips and advice for travelling in Norway, click here.
If you did not find your answer do not hesitate, contact us.
We had a great time at the Kayak tour guided by Nathan. I came here with no experience at kayaking and it was no problem at all. I would definitely do it again – it was great fun and a rewarding experience.
We came across the tour by accident and thought it was wonderful! The beauty of this place is simply breathtaking and not overrun by tourists. Definitely worth a visit and also a tour with Norway Adventures!
The weather was wonderful and the instructions and guiding was very good. The scenery of the step mountains, the shining white snow patches, the streams and waterfalls made a deep impression on us, even though we live in Norway.