2 day Geirangerfjord kayak adventure
Geirangerfjord kayak trip highlights
The price for 1 person (15+) is 3050 NOK
The price for a child (12-15) is 1850 NOK
If you want to rent a sleeping bag (3 seasons), it is 250 nok per person. Can be booked as an add-on when using the ‘book now button’. We do advice you to bring your own travel sheet/liner to put inside the sleeping bag.
Included & excluded
- All meals, starting with lunch on day one and ending with lunch on day two
- The services of an experienced Norway Adventures guide throughout the trip
- Basic paddle and safety instructions before starting your trip
- One-night wild camping and the use of all camping gear (except sleeping bag)
- All kayak equipment (single or double kayaks, paddles, paddle vest, 20L dry bag
- Sleeping bag (3 seasons) rental, 250 NOK per person. It can be booked as an add-on when using the ‘book now button’. We do advise you to bring your own travel sheet/liner to put inside the sleeping bag.
- Any kayak specific clothing such as dry suit, kayaking pants, etc
- Travel insurance
- Costs occurring in case of dramatic changes of the trip and/or in case of extremely bad weather (eg staying at a camping place or cabin, bus transportation if we have to skip a leg and start from another point the next day)
Dates & location
In the summer of 2020, the 2 day Geirangerfjord kayak tour takes place on these dates:
June 16 – 17 (guaranteed departure)
July 30 – 31 (guaranteed departure)
If you would like to request another date, please feel free to contact us
- Start: day 1, 10.30 (am) in Hellesylt (or by exception in Geiranger (waterfront Geiranger Camping).
- Finish: day 2, between 16.00 and 18.00 (4 and 6 pm) in Hellesylt (or by exception Geiranger)
What to bring
There are a couple of things you really don’t want to forget to bring on this kayaking trip to the Geirangerfjord
- Sleeping bag, if you do not rent one
We made a detailed packing list for this multi day kayaking trip.
Day to Day
Day 1: Kayaking to the Seven Sisters
Meet your guide and the rest of your group in Hellesylt in the morning. Get to know each other and the gear as you go through the paddling and tour routine. We teach you how to pack your kayak for the trip, after which the tour will depart. The first 1 or 2 hours are spend calmly paddling while enjoying the scenery. Your lunch will be somewhere along the fjord, before continuing past the famous Suitor and Seven Sisters waterfalls. You then make your way to a farm where you will have a 30 to 45 minute steep hike to a camping spot in the wilderness for the night. Gather firewood for a campfire and the adventurous can take a shower under a nearby waterfall. Tonight you get to enjoy the calmness in the Geirangerfjord when everyone else has left.
Day 2: Breakfast with a view
After a good night’s sleep, you spend the morning washing yourself in the river, preparing a campfire breakfast, and enjoying the magnificent view. If you are lucky you might even spot a porpoise blowing air while breaking the surface of the fjord. After breakfast, pack up, hike back to your kayak and leave the Suitor and Seven Sisters waterfalls behind. After a few hours of enjoying the scenery, you make landfall at the waterfront for lunch. You start leisurely making your way back to Hellesylt, where the trip comes to an end.
The 2 day fjord adventure is a trip of perfect duration, intensity and sights and everyone should do this at least once in their lifetime. The pace was relaxed and tailored to everyone, and the journey was sprinkled with fun. Also I think Geiranger is the most scenic of the trips I’ve seen.
Sea kayaking was one adventures. Our whole family was blown away by the experience – kayaking 5 hours out to a narrow beach, hiking up ~1000 ft to an old farm with an incredible view of the fjord, camping on the bluff under the stars, and visiting a local family farm on our return trip.
We did this tour as part of our honeymoon and it was by far the best tour/activity we did in our three weeks of travels. The views were absolutely breath taking! Geiranger fjord was truly awesome! The food provided by guide was delicious! I can not recommend this tour enough.