2 day hidden fjord kayak adventure
from 2950 Nok, p.p
Easy - moderate
Max. 8 people
May - september
Hidden fjord 2 day kayak trip highlights
Get the chance to paddle the fjords and spend the night in the Norwegian wilderness on this kayak adventure in the Hjørundfjord. This place is truly a hidden gem, away from the tourist crowds. Experience the tranquility of paddling past high mountains and roadless villages.
Go wilderness camping in a remote area. You will definitely get to experience Norwegian culture and heritage on century-old farms and in the humbling enormity of the fjord landscape.
In the summer of 2020 and 2021, the 2 day kayak trip will take place on the following dates:
min. 5 booked spots required to guarantee the tour
|September||On request: please contact us
Min. required group size: 5 pax.
|July 17-18||Bookable: please contact us|
|August 5-6||Bookable: please contact us|
|September 7-8||Bookable: please contact us|
If you would like to request another departure date, please feel free to contact us
The price for this trip is based on overnight wilderness camping.
|Price Wilderness camp||Price 2020||Price 2021|
|1 adult||2950 NOK||3100 NOK|
|1750 NOK||1850 NOK|
If you want to rent a sleeping bag (3 seasons), it is 250 NOK per person. It can be booked as an add-on when using the ‘book now button’. We do advise you to bring your own travel sheet/liner to put inside the sleeping bag.
Included & not included
- All meals, starting with lunch on day one and ending with lunch on day two
- The services of an experienced Norway Adventures guide throughout the trip
- Basic paddle and safety instructions before starting your trip
- One night wild camping and the use of all camping gear (except sleeping bag)
- All kayak equipment: single or double kayak, paddle, paddle vest, 20L waterproof dry bag
- Sleeping bag (3 seasons) rental, 250 NOK per person. It can be booked as an add-on when using the ‘book now button’. We do advise you to bring your own travel sheet/liner to put inside the sleeping bag.
- Any kayak specific clothing such as dry suit, kayaking pants, etc
- Travel insurance
- Costs occurring in case of dramatic changes of the trip and/or in case of extremely bad weather (eg staying at a camping place or cabin, bus transportation if we have to skip a leg and start from another point the next day)
- Start: day 1, 11.00 at the Urke Kaihus in the village of Urke.
- Finish: day 2, 16.00 at Urke Kaihus
- These times correspond with the boat from and to Ålesund.
What to bring
There are a couple of things you really don’t want to forget to bring on this Hidden fjord kayaking trip
- Sleeping bag, if you do not want to rent a sleeping bag
We made a detailed packing list for this multi day kayaking trip.
Day to Day
You will meet your guide and the rest of the group in Urke at the waterfront café Urke Kaihus. Get to know each other and the gear as we go through paddling and tour routine. We show you how to pack your gear in the kayak and after a short safety and paddling instruction we leave. We start on the Norangsfjord which we soon leave for the Hjørundfjord. Depending on the wind forecast for the next days we choose to paddle either left or right, to try to avoid paddling with headwinds (at least for 2 days). After a while we find a spot to land along the fjord, where we will enjoy our lunch. It can be a fjord side farm or a tiny island in the fjord.
After paddling and enjoying the sheer size of the fjord and the surrounding mountains you arrive at your destination for the day. A tiny little village where you will stay for the night. You will set camp on a more remote spot. After organizing you prepare dinner as a group. Enjoy a long relaxing evening by the campfire. You can see the light changing, but it never gets totally dark.
After a good night’s sleep in these very tranquil surroundings, we enjoy breakfast before we pack and get into the kayaks. You paddle through the same fjord on your way back but on a different side. The views, angles, and villages will be different. You paddle relatively close to land (not too close because of rockfall). Today you will stop at a village or at a more remote place for lunch. By the end of the afternoon, you arrive back in Urke. From where you can take the boat back to Ålesund or you can continue your trip further into Norway.
Have a look at what other Norway Adventurers have to say about their experience in Norway. Go to our Review page in order to read more.